Group 1: Words to express the human thought process
The human mind is where all the action happens essentially; even our physical movements are a factor of our mind. In this cluster, we explore the various words that can be used to describe the different kinds of ways in which we think. Explore them here:
- Cogitate: To think deeply; to ponder; to meditate; to consider; to devise.
- Deliberate: Think about carefully; weigh; to view or consider with continued attention.
- Reflect: To solve a problem using brainstorming or think deeply about.
- Envision: Imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; to imagine or envision.
- Ponder: To consider or mull over; meditate or reflect.
- Brainstorm: Try to solve a problem by thinking intensely about it
- Cerebrate: Use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments.
- Envisage: Form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case.
- Mull Over: Think deeply about a subject or question over a period of time.
Group 2: Words that express beauty in a beautiful way
What is the point if beauty cannot be expressed by the right words? Beauty needs to be expressed by words that do justice to the sentiment and in this cluster, you are provided with words that can be used to express the sentiment in an elegant way. Explore the following words which express beauty and its various kinds:
- Comely: Pleasing or attractive to the eye; suitable or becoming; proper; agreeable.
- Beauteous: (archaic) Beautiful.
- Winsome: Charming.
- Pulchritudinous: Having great physical beauty.
- Stunning: Exceptionally beautiful.
- Gorgeous: Dazzlingly beautiful
- Stunning: Strikingly beautiful or attractive
The two clusters above showcase how the method of cluster formation can be used for expanding your word-power. Use this method and your vocabulary database will surely grow exponentially.
Vocabulary Preparation Series