Group 1: Words related to the sentiment of indecency
A good number of words based on the sentiment of indecency and moral looseness can be learnt together as a cluster. These words are explored below:
- Banal: Repeated too often.
- Obscene: Offensive or outrageous to accepted standards of decency or modesty.
- Licentious: Sexually unrestrained or promiscuous.
- Raunchy: Vulgar; sexually explicit.
- Bawdy: Indecent; vulgar.
- Profligate: Shamelessly immoral or debauched.
- Ribald: Humorously vulgar
- Salacious: Characterized by lust
- Immodest: Having or showing an exaggerated opinion of your importance, ability, etc
- Indelicate: In violation of good taste even verging on the indecent
Group 2: Words related to incompetence
In this cluster, we explore a set of words that are related to incompetence and not being proficient in what you do.
The related group of words is:
- Gauche: Unskillful; awkward; tactless.
- Inept: Displaying a lack of judgment, sense, or reason; foolish.
- Bumbling: To move, act, or proceed clumsily.
- Gawky: Awkward; lacking grace in movement or posture; clumsy.
- Bungling: To work or act inefficiently.
- Blundering: Commit a faux pas or a fault or make a serious mistake.
- Inexpert: Lacking professional skill or expertise.
- Halting: Fragmentary or halting from emotional strain.
- Lumbering: Slow and laborious because of weight.
The two clusters above showcase how the method of cluster formation can be used for expanding your word-power. Use this method and your vocabulary database will surely grow exponentially.