Group 1: Words related to praise.
The word means: to express admiration or approval of the achievements or characteristics of a person or thing
The words, related to praise, are explored below:
- Acclaim: praise enthusiastically and publicly..
- Commendation: formal or official praise.
- Plaudit: Praise, the applause of an audience.
- Approbation: approval or praise.
- Eulogy: a speech or piece of writing that praises someone or something highly, especially a tribute to someone who has just died..
- Extol: To praise highly
- Panegyric: a public speech or published text in praise of someone or something
- Rave: to praise something very much
- Encomium: glowing and warmly enthusiastic praise
Group 2: Words related to guess
The word means: to give an answer to a particular question when you do not have all the facts and so cannot be certain if you are correct
The related group of words is:
- Hunch: a feeling or guess based on intuition rather than fact.
- Conjecture: an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
- Hypothesis: a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation..
- Ballpark figure: A ballpark figure is a rough numerical estimate or approximation.
- Surmisal: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
- Notion: a conception of or belief about something.
- Postulation: A suggestion or assumption of the existence, fact, or truth of something as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief.
- Speculation: A suggestion or assumption of the existence, fact, or truth of something as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief.
- Shot: an attempt to do or achieve something that you have not done before.
The two clusters above showcase how the method of cluster formation can be used for expanding your word-power. Use this method and your vocabulary database will surely grow exponentially.
Vocabulary Preparation Series