Group 1: Words related to the sentiment of being graceful and refined
In this group of words, we explore the ones that are related to being refined and cultured. Each of these words is related to being well-mannered and courteous in some way or the other.
Review the following set:
- Cultured: Marked by refinement in taste and manners, well-bred.
- Urbane: Civilized, cultured, cosmopolitan.
- Gracious: Exhibiting courtesy and politeness.
- Suave: Charming, smooth, courteous.
- Courteous: Gentle, mannerly, civilized.
- Refined: Cultured, classy, and cultivated.
Group 2: Words related to peaks or maximum potential
In this cluster, we explore a set of words that convey the idea that one has reached at the top or the peak. Majority of these words have a figurative usage and are used in that way.
- Zenith: The point above the observer that is directly opposite the nadir on the imaginary sphere against which celestial bodies appear to be projected/the top-most point.
- Pinnacle: The highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development.
- Apogee: A final climactic stage.
- Acme: The highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development.
- Culmination: A heavenly body's highest celestial point above an observer's horizon/A final climactic stage.
- Summit: The highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development.
- Apex: The highest point (of something).
- Climax: The highest point of anything conceived of as growing, developing or unfolding.
The two clusters above showcase how the method of cluster formation can be used for expanding your word-power. Use this method and your vocabulary database will surely grow exponentially.