Group 1: Words related to Mathematics
In this list, words related to the field of mathematics are explored. Generally, mathematics enjoys a love-hate relationship with most students, and depending upon the side of the divide you find yourself, your vocabulary of the subject will mirror a similar relationship. Explore these mathematics-related words and evaluate how many of these words are already there in your vocabulary bank:
- Addend: Any of a set of numbers to be added.
- Cardinal: The number of elements in a mathematical set;
- Equilateral: Having all sides or faces equal.
- Exponent: A mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
- Focus: A fixed point or one of a pair of fixed points used in generating a curve such as an ellipse, parabola, or hyperbola.
- Identity: An equation that is satisfied by any number that replaces the letter for which the equation is defined.
- Imaginary: Involving only a complex number of which the real part is zero.
- Modular: Of or relating to fields having a characteristic greater than zero.
- Multiplicand: The number that is or is to be multiplied by another.
- Orb: A sphere or spherical object.
- Ordinal: A number denoting relative position in a sequence, such as first, second, third.
- Torus: A toroid generated by a circle; a surface having the shape of a doughnut.
Group 2: Words related to Groups/Numbers
The best thing about life is that it allows you to form as many combinations as you wish. You can combine a dozen of something or collect a flock or literally call upon a multitude, if you wish. What are we talking about? We are talking about a group of words that represent 'numbers', or to be precise, each word in this group represents some form of collection or the other.
Explore the list here:
- Assortment: A collection of various kinds; a variety.
- Bunches: A group of things.
- Copious: Large in number or quantity; abundant; extensive in quantity.
- Deluge: An overwhelming number or amount.
- Dozens: An indefinite, large number or amount.
- Enormous: Very great in size, extent, number, or degree.
- Extensive: Great in amount, number, or degree.
- Flock: Very great in size, extent, number, or degree.
- Heaps: A large number or amount.
- Infinite: Too numerous to be counted.
- Multifarious: Having great variety; diverse.
- Multitude: A large indefinite number.
- Multiplicity: A large number or variety.
- Numerous: Amounting to a large number; many.
- Plenty: More than sufficient; ample; many.
- Profusion: Abundance.
- Oodles: A large amount; many numbers
- Slew: A large amount or number; a lot.
- Umpteen: Innumerable but many.