Group 1: Words related to the sentiment of going against existing conventions
In this group we deal with words that are related to the sentiment of going against existing conventions. A lot of these words are against a belief in god or traditional religious practices. Identify the ones you relate with.
You can go through the words here:
- Blasphemy: Grossly irreverent toward what is held to be sacred.
- Unorthodoxy: Any opinions or doctrines at variance with the official or orthodox position.
- Agnosticism: A religious orientation of doubt; a denial of ultimate knowledge of the existence of God.
- Dissidence: Disagreement; especially disagreement with the government.
- Atheism: The doctrine or belief that there is no God.
- Apostasy: The state of having rejected your religious beliefs for your political party or a cause (often in favor of opposing beliefs or causes).
- Heterodoxy: Any opinions or doctrines at variance with the official or orthodox position.
- Impiety: Ungodliness, blasphemy.
- Irreverence: Disrespect, blasphemy.
Group 2: Words related to the act of staring someone or something
Now this is not a pleasant cluster, is it? In it, we explore a set of words that are related to the act of staring someone or something.
Explore the set of words here:
- Ogle: Look at with amorous intentions
- Gawk: Look with amazement; look stupidly
- Peer: Look searchingly
- Gaze: Long, fixed stare.
- Peek: Glimpse, glance, snoop.
- Glance: Brief look, peep
The two clusters above showcase how the method of cluster formation can be used for expanding your word-power. Use this method and your vocabulary database will surely grow exponentially.