Group 1: Words related to the sentiment of being quarrelsome or combative
In this group of words, we explore the ones that are related to being quarrelsome or combative. Each of these words is related to aggression in some way or the other.
Review the following set:
- Bellicose: Having or showing a ready disposition to fight.
- Belligerent: Characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight.
- Antagonistic: Indicating opposition or resistance.
- Aggressive: Characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight.
- Truculent: Defiantly aggressive.
- Brawling: To quarrel noisily, angrily or disruptively.
- Cross: Very angry, captious.
Group 2: Words that are used to the sense of smell
In this cluster, we explore a set of words that are related to smells. Most of these words are related to unpleasant smells.
Explore this set of words here:
- Reeky: Smell badly and offensively.
- Putrid: In an advanced state of decomposition and having a foul odour.
- Putrescent: Becoming putrid.
- Fusty: Stale and unclean smelling.
- Malodorous: Having an unpleasant smell.
- Fetid: Offensively malodorous.
- Noisome: Offensively malodorous.
- Feculent: Foul with waste matter.
The two clusters above showcase how the method of cluster formation can be used for expanding your word-power. Use this method and your vocabulary database will surely grow exponentially.