Group 1: Words related to facial expressions
Humans have the ability to portray a variety of emotions on their face. In this cluster, we explore a set of words that highlight the various kinds of facial expressions:
- Pout: To frown, glower, or make a sad face.
- Scowl: A facial expression of dislike or displeasure.
- Frown: Look angry or sullen, wrinkle one's forehead, as if to signal disapproval.
- Sneer: Express through a scornful smile.
- Simper: A silly self-conscious smile.
- Wince: Make a face indicating disgust or dislike.
- Smirk: A smile expressing smugness or scorn instead of pleasure.
- Moue: A disdainful grimace, pout.
- Mug: Poker face, mien.
Group 2: Words related to stupidity
Well, the less said about this, the better it is. After all, we are dealing with a set of words that reflect stupidity.
Explore this set here:
- Asinine: Senseless, absurd.
- Inane: Showing a lack of intelligence or thought; stupid and silly.
- Blockhead: A stupid person; used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence.
- Daft: Informal or slang term meaning insane, strange, eccentric or stupid.
- Moronic: Having a mental age of between eight and twelve years.
- Dolt: A person who is not very bright.
- Dim: Dull, dense, boorish.
- Dimwits: A stupid incompetent person.
The two clusters above showcase how the method of cluster formation can be used for expanding your word-power. Use this method and your vocabulary database will surely grow exponentially.