DIRECTIONS for questions 1 - 8: Choose a verb (Box A) + an adverb (Box B) to complete the sentences
- I’m going to tell you something very important, so please ____________
- Ann! I need your help. _____________ !
- They _____________. At the end of the day they’re always tired.
- I’m tired this morning. I didn’t ____________________ last night.
- You’re a much better tennis player than me. When we play, you always _____________
- _______________ before you answer the question.
- I’ve met Alice a few times but I don’t __________ her very ____________
- Our teacher isn’t very good. Sometimes he doesn’t _____________ things very __________
DIRECTIONS for questions 9 – 16: Identify the adverb in the following sentences.
- He is little known outside India.
- He works hard all day.
- You can only guess.
- She sings well enough.
- He knows me better than you.
- I came early this morning.
- Arjun writes better than Rama.
- Hari writes best of all.
DIRECTIONS for questions 17 – 20: Identify the adverb in the following sentences.
- He invited me to visit him (often).
- The train has left (just).
- He is in time for meals (never).
- That is not good (enough).
||know her very well
||explain things very clearly/well
||He often invited me to visit him
||The train has just left
||He is never in time for meals
||That is not good enough
Verbal Preparation Series