Words related to Science
Ever wondered how many different kinds of science subjects are out there? Well, we provide a simple list of 15 scientific professions here. See how many of these you knew already and how many are new to you. Dig in here:
- Archaeology: the scientific study of historic or prehistoric peoples and their cultures by analysis of their artifacts, inscriptions, monuments, and other such remains, especially those that have been excavated.
- Cardiology: the study of the heart and its functions in health and disease.
- Ecology: the branch of biology dealing with the relations and interactions between organisms and their environment, including other organisms.
- Endocrinology: the branch of medical science concerned with the endocrine glands and their secretions
- Gerontology: the scientific study of ageing and the problems associated with older people.
- Gynecology: the branch of medicine concerned with diseases in women, esp. those of the reproductive organs.
- Morphology: the branch of biology dealing with the form and structure of organisms, the form or structure of anything.
- Neurology: the study of the anatomy, physiology, and diseases of the nervous system.
- Paleontology: the science of the forms of life existing in former geologic periods, as represented by their fossils.
- Pathology: the branch of medicine concerned with the cause, origin, and nature of disease, including the changes occurring as a result of disease.
- Rhinology: the branch of medical science concerned with the nose and its diseases.
- Seismology: The geophysical science of earthquakes and the mechanical properties of the earth.
- Speleology: the exploration and study of caves.
- Toxicology: the science dealing with the effects, antidotes, detection, etc., of poisons.
Team Bulls Eye