Words related to Mathematics
In this article, words related to the field of mathematics are explored. Generally, mathematics enjoys a love-hate relationship with most students, and depending upon the side of the divide you find yourself, you vocabulary of the subject will mirror a similar relationship. Explore mathematics-related see and evaluate how many of these words are already there in your vocabulary bank:
- Addend: Any of a set of numbers to be added.
- Cardinal: The number of elements in a mathematical set.
- Equilateral: Having all sides or faces equal.
- Exponent: A mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself.
- Focus: A fixed point or one of a pair of fixed points used in generating a curve such as an ellipse, parabola, or hyperbola.
- Identity: An equation that is satisfied by any number that replaces the letter for which the equation is defined.
- Imaginary: Involving only a complex number of which the real part is zero.
- Modular: Of or relating to fields having a characteristic greater than zero.
- Multiplicand: The number that is or is to be multiplied by another.
- Orb: A sphere or spherical object.
- Ordinal: A number denoting relative position in a sequence, such as first, second, third.
- Torus: A toroid generated by a circle; a surface having the shape of a doughnut.
Team Bulls Eye