Different types of Phobia
We all have some fears, some phobias. Some of us are aware of our phobias; some of us take time to realize what is hiding in the closet. Go through the following list of fears and pick the ones that match your symptoms (hope they are too many):
- Ablutophobia: Fear of Bathing, washing and cleansing.
- Acrophobia: Fear of heights
- Agoraphobia: Fear of Open spaces.
- Anthropophobia: Fear of people or the company of people, a form of social phobia.
- Autophobia: Fear of being alone or isolated.
- Bibliophobia: Fear of books. Biblio is the root word here which means Book.
- Chrematophobia: Fear of money.
- Claustrophobia: Fear of closed spaces.
- Cynophobia: Fear of dogs.
- Emetophobia: Fear or anxiety pertaining to vomiting.
- Ergophobia: Fear of work
- Gamophobia: fear of marriage.
- Herpetophobia: Fear of reptiles.
- Hydrophobia: Fear of water
- Ophthalmophobia: Fear of being stared at.
- Paedophobia: Fear of children; fear of dolls or fear of infants, childhood.
- Pantophobia: Fear of everything.
- Pentheraphobia: Fear or hatred of one's mother-in-law.
- Phonophobia: fear of noise or of speaking aloud.
- Photophobia: Fear of light.
- Pyrophobia: Fear of fires or flames. Pyro means fire.
- Spectrophobia: Fear of looking in a mirror
- Technophobia: Fear of technology.
- Thanatophobia: Fear of death.
- Triskaidekaphobia: Fear of the number thirteen.
- Xenophobia: Fear of foreigners or strangers.